18 December 2010

current distraction: cyrax

I was just reading an article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/19/world/africa/19zimbabwe.html ]
And damn, Bartering!  I just thought it was interesting so I wanted to share.  Clearly if you know me you know I’m a fan of bartering and wish that everyone would revert back to this system.  I try to sometimes, but it doesn’t always go over well.  I was recently reminiscing about the days in Italy when I would barter with the gypsies.  Anyway, it’s terrible that that hospital has to be struggling so badly and that this is their only option, but it also sucks that something like that would never work here.  It’s so easy for someone to bring in something that is poisoned.  I feel like you can’t trust anyone anymore.  Actually, if there were ten people in the room I wouldn’t trust 8 of them I think, so you can’t trust roughly 80% of people... and that’s not something to shout about.

No comments:

Post a Comment