22 December 2010

current distraction: cleanse song - bright eyes

  As I was filtering through the New York Times again, in an effort to put off wrapping presents and grad school applications, I again came across an interesting article.  Apparently bartering is getting big this holiday season:
[ http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/23/science/earth/23swap.html ]
That made me pretty happy.  As I said previously (I think) it’s unfortunate that times are so economically hard but it’s still cool that people are resorting to this... rather than suicide (half joking).  But I don’t know, I just wonder how life would be if we all just bartered instead and there wasn’t a monetary value on everything.  Would there be less of a class divide?  I imagine.  The worth of what anyone had would just be based on perspective at that point.
  Anyway, the past few days were fun.  Rich was visiting so we did a lot of getting ready for the holiday stuff.  Frank and I worked on my mom’s christmas present.  I’ll post a picture of it once I get a copy and I don’t want to ruin the surprise either.  Anyway and last night Rich and I went to the movies to see “All Good Things.”  I thought it was really good.  I like crime, mystery, true stores, and psychopaths so I mean it totally worked out.  Ryan Gosling was surprisingly really good too; I expected him to not be convincing at all.  Today I made him waffles and then he was back to Jerseymin.  He was supposed to leave yesterday but his mom actually told him not to come home, awesome.  Anyway now I think I’m going to hangout with Kara today and actually do grad school stuff.  I feel like I should make christmas cookies too but I just don’t feel like it.  Maybe that’ll change.  I also feel like there was something else I wanted to say but I can’t quite remember.  Whatever, have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment