10 January 2011

current distraction: a whole lotta bright eyes.

So I am now down in Tennessee. I don’t think I’ve posted since I moved... actually I did once, I believe, right when I got to the hotel.  I’m all settled in now though in my apartment and everything.  The apartment is beautiful, I will try to post pictures soon.  It’s a shame it won’t get furnished at all due to me not wanting to put money into stuff that I won’t be able to take home with me but whatever.  Beautiful all the same.  The complex is great too, I feel spoiled but it’s really so cheap so I shouldn’t.  The area is okayyyy.  I like towns with a lot of local and unique places, but this is definitely not the case here.  Everything is highways and chains and that annoying southern accent and the crazy fried food.  I’m pretty sure I’m going to be at Earth Fare every week (a store almost exactly like Whole Foods) and cooking for myself all the time.  Downtown is pretty cool though, that’s where there are nice local bars, a coffee shop or two, some southern general stores, and a lot of live music.  I went down there a couple nights ago when mother and carmen were still here and there was some okay folky bands playing.  I think I’ll get used it.
The only downside is that I keep having paralysis dreams.  Kinda weird but I hope I’ll get over that also.  Five days till Rich comes down also.  I’ll probably write more later... I’m gonna gym now.

No comments:

Post a Comment