10 January 2011

current distraction: Bayesian belief networks

I can’t believe I updated the last two posts with “So I’m in Tennessee”... except that I kind of can because I have such a terrible memory.  Anyway I forgot to mention the drama of last night.  I spend the day running errands and taking naps (my life here is so busy it’s painful) and then I was skyping with Rich as I made dinner, lentil soup and a fun salad.  I sit down to start eating and boom, I drop my phone in the lentil soup.  Actually, the lentil soup ate my phone.  So I started panicking, not that my phone was soon to be destroyed, but that I couldn’t eat my lentil soup.  Thennnn once I thought “damn it, I have to go wash my phone” and remembered the last time I dropped my phone in food then washed it that it didn’t work anymore (water damage- do I really have a college degree?).  Anyway, I cleaned my phone without putting it under the faucet and the buttons stopped working.  So I went to Target and bought a charger for the backup Samsung that I have (thank you Billy) but by the time I activated that and got it charging I realized that the speaker on that phone was broken.  But luckily, by the time all that went down the buttons on my real phone started working again!  So I reset that phone and all is good.
Also, work was cancelled today due to inclement weather which was actually maybeee two inches of snow on the ground.  Apparently people here can’t/don’t want to/suck at driving and living in the snow.  It’s beneficial to me at least because I got another day to relax and adjust.  I got to go to the gym, do returns, take another nap, and try to get a wireless router but have Comcast deny me.  Whateverrrr.  Pictures will come soon, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment