07 January 2011

current distraction: twisted up sleep.

I am now in Tennessee!  We left New York last night around six and finally got here at about eight this morning.  I tried to nap on a chair since then but my back is just killing me so I’m going to get ready now before heading to the apartment.  The drive wasn’t terrible.  I tried to sleep until we got dinner which ended up being around ten at night while driving through Hershey, PA.  I didn’t think Hershey was really hick until we realized the only place really open was the bar in the Holiday Inn.  So we go in there and all of a sudden there were cowboys everywhere, decked out in denim and cowboy hats, with a live band blasting country music and making everyone do a line-up dance.  I couldn’t even hear myself speak it was so loud.  We were all starving though so we didn’t want to keep looking, but it just made me think: if this was so country and weird then what about when I get more south?  Dah, fear!
Then we got back in the car and I fell asleep and had the craziest dreams.  I tried to stay awake for a while but it was impossible.  I thought I "woke up", but when I looked into the road there were huge huge huge sweaters folded neatly on top of each other covering majority of the road. We had to keep going around them but we kept almost crashing into them.  Then I “fell back asleep” and when I "woke up again” we were in a very thick wooded area with the tops of the trees forming a ceiling over the road.  When I looked at the top of the trees I realized there were margays (my favorite animal, an incredible wildcat) in all of the trees just watching us.  It was really pretty awesome and I kind of wish it was real.  Anyway, off to discover more things.  I’ll post back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment