15 January 2011

current distraction: the annoying as hell smoke detector that won’t let me sleep

First week, done.  It went pretty well.  I just have to do a lot more research and figure out where I want to be headed on the project.  Basically my mentor told me the idea he had and I have to figure out how to get where we need to go while he works on other stuff.  Not bad.
Other than that I’ve been getting acquainted with the area pretty nicely.  Unfortunately there isn’t much time after work to explore so I usually come home, gym, read, go to bed.  But last night most of the interns went out for a while and it was nice getting to know each other.  Then we went to the Worlds Fair Park and it was really really cool.  Especially at night I think it was definitely something to look out.  We couldn’t get to the observation deck of the Sunsphere (I think it was called?) and the elevator almost got stuck which freaked my claustrophobic self out.  Nonetheless we had fun, and all came back to mine and Yeva’s place to hangout more.  Basically had some drinks and talked about nerdy science stuff.
More importantly, Rich is on his way down.  He’s on a long journey, twenty hour bus ride, just to come to little ole Tennessee to see me.  I am quite lucky =)   But anyway, I think he’s in Roanoke or something now.  I hope he doesn’t disappear and just leave something written on the bark of a tree. Hmmm...

1 comment:

  1. you are SO WEIRD! bark of a tree...

    i love you.

    ReplyDelete