23 April 2011

I’m going to try to focus, no more distractions.

Yesterday I worked on my paper to finish up my time here at Oak Ridge National Lab.  My project ended up well and the title for my paper is now: A Generalized Probabilistic Model for Learned String Matching.  I think it is pretty interesting and I’m quite excited for it. Today I drove to Hot Springs, North Carolina.


I met up with the other interns to go hiking for a bit. It’s one of the big stops on the Appalachian Trail so it was pretty inspiring to see these people that are on a hike for six months at a time.  I just think it would be amazing to hike from Maine to Georgia.



We did about a five mile hike and found a really amazing overlook on the way.


The rhododendrons created canopies throughout part of the trail.



We also found what a mysterious building, a public service announcement sign, and some left over railroad ties.





Then we ended up at a park before we got lunch and headed back home.



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:44 AM

    Alicia, I am very impressed with your photographic eye. You certainly are able to capture the "feeling" of the moment!

    ReplyDelete