23 April 2011

I just realized I never posted about when Rich and I went to Nashville!  We saw Bright Eyes play at the Ryman Auditorium.  It was a great venue with so much history.  The concert was great, but I always love seeing Bright Eyes so that’s not too big of a surprise.  Anyway, the next day we went back to the Ryman for a tour.



The hallways were lined with posters from previous performers and included possibly every great musician.  We got to see backstage dressing rooms and hear about the thirty years when the Ryman was home to the Grand Ole Opry.  They had some showcases with memorabilia from past events.





This was in the Johnny Cash and June Carter case.  The last picture is of a song that Johnny Cash wrote for the students at Vanderbilt to sing to them but then took these verses out.
Overall it was a great trip and I suggest touring the Ryman to anyone visiting the Nashville area =)

No comments:

Post a Comment