23 March 2011

current distraction: thunder

I wanted to split up my posts from last week.  So this one is about the nonexistent Knoxville Botanical Gardens.  They advertise it as if it is still up and running, taken care of and everything.  Alas, it is not.  The buildings were broken down and there was hardly a flower in sight.  Some cool trees though, so that was nice.  A disclaimer: at the end I did see an area across the street that had cool stone walls and nice flowers but that was the only nice part.














We made a funny picnic out of it: sushi, pasta with vegetables, fruit salad, and a sandwich for Rich.  Of course we got a root beer and a cream soda and split them because we can never decide which we’d rather have at the time.  Before the garden we went to a UTK baseball game.  It was funny especially because in front of us was the hickest little family.  They were hilarious though, the dad ended up catching a ball and just tormented his sons with it.  

So at this point I only have about five weeks left (excluding the two days of this week that are remaining).  Almostttt out of here.  Then I’ll be on LI with nothing to do until I move to New Haven and start up at Wesleyan, all of which I am very excited for.  Random: it’s already 80 here!  I wish I could go to the beach.  Yeva and I almost bought tickets to go to Florida cause there was a huge deal going on, roundtrip to Destin for only 60 dollars total!  But it sold out before we could buy it, drats.  I feel a little blah.  I guess I miss hanging around the creepy garden.  "Please don’t speak in the hanging garden, no one sleeps in the hanging garden” (The Cure, anyone?)

1 comment:

  1. "and a sandwich for rich."

    ..just a funny excerpt.

    ReplyDelete